Category 6: BOOKKEEPER - PERMANENT FULL TIME POSITION
USW LOCAL 1944
CATEGORY 6: BOOKKEEPER
PERMANENT FULL TIME POSITION
WAGES PER MOVEUP COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT
LOCATION: 5261 LANE STREET, BURNABY, BC V5H 4A6
- Minimum five years working experience with Accpac, and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows 10.
- Good judgment when assigning general ledger account codes to specific invoices.
- Proficiency in full cycle accounts payable, journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Superior organizational and coordinating skills, extremely quick learner.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, function independently and organize work with or without direction, excellent communicator.
- Prepares payroll; posts and balances subsidiary ledgers, cash books and journals; journalizes transactions; posts ledgers and trial balances; prepares accounting statements as directed; monitors and reconciles advanced systems; monitors and organizes standing contracts; reconciles major accounts and statements; review expenditures for accuracy; allocates expenditures to appropriate accounts. Prepares and provides financial information and financial reports on membership dues. Completes year-end and works closely with auditors.
- Designs and creates databases to prepare a variety of reports. Records, statistics, statements and is responsible for validity of data, accuracy of reports.
- Drafts correspondences in response to inquiries.
- Produces and distributes communications materials.
- Investigates complex claims and recommends settlement payments.
- May perform duties of categories 1,2,3,4 and 5.
Please submit your resume by email or facsimile to the attention of
Brett Barden, Executive Assistant, USW Local 1944
no later than close of business Friday, August 17, 2018
Email: email@example.com Facsimile: 604-435-7760
Only those applicants who have been short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest!